Saturday, March 5, 2011

Vintage Wood

Plywood Elephant by Charles and Ray Eames, 1945

Warm and natural, wood is such an attractive material to me. 
I still cherish a Swedish dala horse from my childhood...
too bad that my lovely Enzo Mari animal puzzle is gone!

These modern vintage wooden creations are a
wonderful mix of toy, sculpture and design object...
Riding Snail by Antonio Vitali, 1940s-50s, via Quintessentia

Puffin, Monkey and Elephant by Kay Bojesen, 1951-53

Puzzle Bird Tree by Shigeo Fukuda, 1965

Vilac, Elephant and Anteater from the Mécanimaux series, 1984
now on show at Les Arts Décoratifs in Paris!


  1. Ditto, ditto, ditto... that snail is grand. :~)

  2. That final one, I believe it is an anteater and not a tapir.

  3. Indeed. It's a giant anteater, Myrmecophaga tridactyla.



Related Posts with Thumbnails