Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Thread, Paper & Feather





Soft sculptures are one of the trends in animal art I am always drawn to,
wheter they be made of felt, fabric or paper; and stitched, knitted or glued 
to form sweetly simple or stunningly intricate creations.
Women artists have been the most active in exploring these creative paths,
and with this avian gallery I want to honor some of my favorites  – but I am still 
on the lookout for more, so if an artist you love is missing, please let me know!



















 Swig



5 comments:

  1. oh! such nice companions for my owls… I knew some of them and I discover others… thank you very much! warm greetings from Paris! Svea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the woman who are exploring these materials to make amazing bird sculptures. I am in awe of their talent and creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each one of those pieces is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails