Thursday, May 5, 2011

Living in Color



Gentle Giant

Looking at the artwork of Minneapolis-based artist and animal lover Jennifer Davis
I am struck by her brilliant color harmonies and by the delicate strangeness 
of her menagerie. Her paintings to me are like windows onto ethereal worlds 
and stories that I don't fully understand but would love to inhabit.

Poodles

When I wrote to Jennifer about being featured on Animalarium, 
she was very sweet and linked me to some interesting interviews 
which she talks about her life, passions, work process and projects.
I am not going to add any more words, but I'll let this gallery 
of some of my favorite artworks 
do the talking. 

Rooster

Yapper

Reverence

Flock

Unhinged

Revelation
Float

Fancy Turkey

Sleepy

Lucky

Sweaters

You can follow Jennifer through her flickr streamwebsite and blog
and buy her original paintings and limited edition prints on etsy.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes very lovely work, now off to her website and blog, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. strange and funny and touching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Animalarium! xoxo-jd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these, thanks again for introducing me to a wonderful artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Usually there is one image in a collection that I can say is my favourite or that touches me more than the rest, but not this time. Some, like "Unhinged" are quite disturbing, but all are fascinating and engaging. Wonderful! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her work so much! She also was kind enough to do an interview with me for my blog:
    http://melissakojima.blogspot.com/2012/05/interview-vintage-folk-inspired-art-of.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails