Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Siren Songs



Edward Burne-Jones, A Sea-nymph , 1881 (thanks to kraftgenie)

I have a thing for mermaids, possibly because one year I drew hundreds of them
 at the insistence of my then-toddler daughter Michelle (DIsney is to blame).
So here is another post about a subject I have already explored there
as interpreted by some favorite artists and new discoveries.

 Konstantin Kalinovich (thanks to 50 Watts)







  





And by the way, this is one of my favorite songs

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    very nice selection of seamaids !
    I invit you to a little visit on this blog where you could see another style of them. Hope you will enjoy.

    http://art-magique.blogspot.com/2011/05/lodyssee-les-sirenes.html

    And thanks for your original and poetic blog :)

    Labelette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments, I am glad you enjoyed!

    Labelette, merci beaucoup for the compliments and the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello just to say i come here often et take pleasure
    merci

    ReplyDelete
  4. magnifique diversité et beaucoup de découvertes.
    merci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Siren, by tori Amos :-) http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7ftzg_great-expectations-mv-siren-by-tori_music

    ReplyDelete
  6. see Joan Brown's mermaid as well :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails