Friday, November 13, 2009

Lubov Nalogina: from Russia with love


Animalarium is happy to feature the work of one more very lovable emerging Russian artist after Irina Troitskaya, Natasha Fadeeva and Victor Dubrovksy. Lubov Nalogina aka Takiyaje is a young illustrator who lives near Moscow. Around the web she is mostly celebrated for her delightful, slightly melancholic and very stilish handmade dolls, but quite naturally I fancy more the quirky sweetness of her animal creations. From her interview with Emerald Boy, I discovered that Luvob loves to read children's books, listens to French chansons from the 30s and 40s, Bjork and Beirut (chapeau!), collects vintage dolls and bears, and is "obsessed with deers,beetles and horses as well".

Everything about Lubov puts a smile on my face!

2 comments:

  1. Some really nice work here, thanks for introducing me to another Russian artist. I need to spend some more time on Flickr...

    Have you seen my magical Russian horses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love love love these. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails