Saturday, January 2, 2010

Red Roars and Green Growls



For a bold, wild and colorful beginning of the new year,
I have chosen the fierce but friendly beasts of Hubert Hilscher (1924-1999).



Portrait for Hilscher exhibition by Agneska Koscisz

I haven't been able to find much information about this Polish poster artist,
except that he won awards and was an AGI member.
He clearly enjoyed playing with lively patterns and simple, strong compositions...


Three Cyrk posters, 1966-70

Plakat Secesyjny, 1971

Three Cyrk posters, 1973–4

Visual art and design, 1974

Lion King, 1975

Circus, 1979

I have been gathering lots of 1960–70s design and illustration for my master courses,
so expect to see more wild colors and groovy animals in 2010!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, terrific :) I look forward to that - love that period of design/illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, these were the posters I was looking at in the Polish poster gallery the other day... Great minds...not necessarily my cup of tea BUT I've found loads of great 60/70s stuff for my little shop, so kinda drawn to it all somehow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails