Friday, May 4, 2012

Creative Collage Creatures




Among the talented artists I've had the pleasure to discover in recent months,
Andrea d'Aquino is one of my favorites. I really love the textures and organic feel
of her collage-illustrations, and her refined use of color, humor and whimsicality. 


D'Aquino is a new Yorker of Italian American descent who has been working 
for many years as a top level art director and more recently as an illustrator.
To learn more about her life, vision, work process and sources of inspiration 
I encourage you to read her interview on Pikaland, I found it very inspiring! 










A recent cover for Uppercase magazine 


Andrea's entry for the The New Yorker's Eustace Tilley contest was inspired
by d'Aquino's own pet schnauzer and the "off-leash hours” at Central Park.
 A very proud and noble dog indeed!


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures! I love the textures,so inventive and fun. :) I shall hop over to Pika land forthwith!
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting works... i especially liked te frog and the Goat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow,,,,,,,,love your blog,, definately will follow so inspirational! are any of these for sale??
    Lyndsay http://somethingblueliving.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails