Monday, August 30, 2010

Back from the Sea


Sorry for disappearing and missing my usual Sunday appointment, 
I was away at the sea and stayed a bit longer than expected... 




Russian master animator Alexandr Petrov used his fingertips and slow-drying oil paints 
on glass sheets to create his wonderful adaptation of Hemingway's The old man and the sea
It took him over two years to paint and shoot each of the 29,000+ frames composing the
20-minute short, which went on to receive the 1999 Academy Award for Animated Short Film 
and the 2000 Grand Prix at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival.

On a different note, congratulations to Lisa, who was randomly picked by my daughter 
as the winner of Animalarium's first giveawayPlease send me your address and  
I will put in the mail your copy of The Owl Tree right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails