Sunday, June 3, 2012

Up



It's been a rough week. Emma's health has gotten worse, and she may have little time left.
Today we went to the beautiful and peaceful thermal baths of Bagno Vignoni to relax
and regenerate. And now, I'm in the mood for some uplifting imagery...
hope you'll enjoy it too

Jean de Brunhoff, Le Voyage de Babar, 1932

Roger Duvoisin, 1967, thanks to The Art of Children's Picture Books

John Martin Gilbert, A Dragon in a Wagon, 1966, thanks to Bonito Club

Karoly Reich, 1982, via Curio Books

 Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever, thanks to my vintage book collection (in blog form)
Beni Montresor, I Saw I Saw a Ship A-Sailin, 1967, thanks to Prìncipi e Princípi







 Milton Glaser, 1958, thanks to Groove is in the Art


8 comments:

  1. Our animals entwine themselves around our hearts, and of course it's agonising when our love alone can no longer keep them safe. I wish you fortitude for whatever must be faced. I know you'll be strong for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animals give so much, and never ask for much in return. Hugs to you and her. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful uplifting collection XXX love to you all XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know who Emma is, but I'm so sorry to hear it. These are literally some uplifting images. They have lifted my spirits too. Thanks for posting such fun anthropomorphize animals. I love Richard Scarry and I fondly remember reading his books as a kid. The Steam Pug is just priceless and all the others are so adventurous and fun. Thanks and good cheer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear the news about Emma. I hope she will battle this latest obstacle so you can both enjoy each others love and company. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments and emotional support!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails